cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Query Filter Date Range

Basically I am doing a Get Items and attempting to filter the data based on a date range. I have come across MANY different suggestions and have attempted them all with no luck.

Here is what I am working with:

From Date: Date Only

To Date: Date Only

The Get Items works properly with no query and returns everything, but I want to filter based on passed in dates.

Here is how it currently looks:

10-29-2020 10-25-03 AM.jpg

I have tried many different options for converting the date values such as datetime'fromDate' with no luck.

All I receive is the filter is not valid.

Thanks for any help. 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After about a week of messing with it I make a post and figure it out 15 minutes later lol

Here is what it ended up being:

From Date: 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['From'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

To Date: 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['To'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

10-29-2020 10-29-15 AM.jpg

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

After about a week of messing with it I make a post and figure it out 15 minutes later lol

Here is what it ended up being:

From Date: 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['From'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

To Date: 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['To'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

10-29-2020 10-29-15 AM.jpg

How did you write in the dates?

Like this?

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['From'],'2019-01-01')

@WC-KSTILL

Kind of, the portion where you have the '2019-01-01' needs to be how I typed it as 'yyyy-MM-dd' as formatDateTime takes 2 arguments, the first is a date/time value, for my case I had a column named From, so triggerBody()?['From'] is my date.

The second is what format you want to date to be returned as. Here is the documentation on it, you can use any or all of these letters    formatDateTime('<your-value>', 'dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm tt')   which denote the different type of date/time information you want returned.

I still can't figure this out...

I am trying to get all items created on or after 01-01-2018 

I tried a combination of things.

I had this working but it suddenly stopped, no idea why. It returns 0 results now

Created ge '@{getPastTime(1033,'Day')}'

How can I use your formatDateTime saying Created Date anything older that 01-01-2018

I meant, anything equal to or newer than 01-01-2018

I also tried

formatDateTime('2018-01-01T00:00:00''M/dd/yyyy h:mm tt')

@WC-KSTILL

If you have a static date you can just do Created ge '2018-01-01' you are only passing in a string in the format of 'yyyy-MM-dd' (yyyy=year, MM=month, dd=day)

You can use a variable or compose a data value, or basically anything to get the info in there. ensure you have the ' on both ends of what you are passing in though.

I tried your suggestion, still 0 results. I am going to re-create this from scratch.. I feel like its bugged or something

@WC-KSTILL Are you inserting an expression or just manually typing this into the area?

I figured it out...I ahd to go to settings and turn on the threshold. Never had to do that before

Created gt '2019-01-01T00:00:00Z'

preetipatki
Frequent Visitor

How to filter with Month in date for example 

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['Date'],'MMMM') eq 'December' gives error in query itself 

@preetipatki I am unsure exactly what you are attempting to accomplish. To make it easier on yourself I would suggest doing your Get Items then use a Filter Array as it is an easier UI.
It seems as though you may be attempting to format a column then evaluate it, but I am unsure. in my original post I was passing in 2 date values that were then used later to query items.

I ran the below code under a compose and it returns December which is correct:
formatDateTime(triggerOutputs()?['body/SubmitDate'],'MMMM')

But I think you are attempting to use values that don't corelate with the query.

@preetipatki 

Filter Quarry

Maybe something like this?

Created ge '2020-12-01T00:00:00Z' and Created le '2020-12-31T23:59:59Z'

ge = greater than or equal to

le = less than or equal to

I want to filter the GetItems with Month of Submitted Date = for Example 'December' and Year of Submitted Date = For example 2020. I can't put two conditions at filter. I did try putting filter at GetItems - Odata filter as well as filter array. No luck yet. 

preetipatki
Frequent Visitor

I want to compare against the Month (text) and year with variables. Two conditions 

@preetipatki 

Here you go, there are several options to take with this, there is a startOfMonth function that may also help you out down the line.

but I was just assuming you have a string for the month (December for this example) and an integer for the year (2020 in this example).

varIntYear: Just takes in the year value.

varFirstofMonth: Used to get the month and year together and make it a proper date value. as we want the first of the month I used 01. You can replace the manual entry of 'December' with another variable set above if you like to have it more dynamic.

varLastofMonth: Basically just takes varFirstofMonth, adds a month then subtracts 1 day to get the last day of December.

Lastly you do a Get items and filter the proper column, I used Created for my example and it properly returned a set of results. You can of course do this far more compact, all within the get items, but I have spread it out in hopes to make it easier to follow and break down. 😃

12-23-2020 6-55-58 AM.jpg

Hi, I'm having the same issue as you... I'm getting 0 records for anything different from today or yesterday. Where did you change that settings pls?

You shouldn't need to turn on the threshold as its standard limit is something like 100-200 and you are getting zero so most likely it is something else.

But you click the ellipsis (3 dots) in the top right of the Get Items and it will be towards the top. 😃

If you cant find it here is a video I Google'd https://youtu.be/zuD-OQYE1AI?t=48 

Thank you so much! IDK what is going on... I have a SP list, but when I use -1 it works, but anything different like -2 or -60, it brings me an empty file.MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (1,052)