cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long)

500 item limit in CDM entity search filter, this makes it very dofficult to use for any business scenario(export, data analysis)

because I have 50k records and search filter may return sometimes 5k or 20k and I need to analyze this data(so export)

Currently its only exporting 500 first items which does not meet any business criteria(imagine you are doing google search and it returns only 3 items), sadly if this is permanant issue like sp list 5k limit I will have to inform this to our sponsors of the project and most likely as it does not meet business need to filter and export we will have to do asp.net app which we did not want to do.

I will atleast need some good workaround. One thing I observed is there is export data link in CDM screen(can you give me some workaround based on that?)

121 REPLIES 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
I have applied the code on Screen.OnVisibile and now i have written the following code in my dropdown.items:
Distinct(Filter(datasource_temp,'Candidate Name'.DisplayName in ComboBox1.Selected.DisplayName, Date = DatePicker2_1.SelectedDate),'Project Name') 
I simply just replaced my Sharepoint list from collection ,but still not working. Am i using correct query and database ? 

I tried the below solution in my combo-box as follows :-

SortByColumns(ShowColumns(FirstN(Search(Filter(VendorsV2_3,TextInput1.Text in 'Search name'), TextInput1.Text, "VendorSearchName"),50),"VendorSearchName"),"VendorSearchName",Ascending).

This works perfectly fine ( Thanks @PaulD1 ), if i put a text-box above the combo-box and search in the text-box and corresponding value gets filtered in the combo-box.

But when i replace the TextInput1.Text to Combobox1.SearchText, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Could you share a screenshot of your app showing what you are trying to achieve? I'm struggling to visualise you problem.

Also, what exactly is "... still not working"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Never mind, I figured it out and your solution has worked perfectly for me.
Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

No worries, happy to help 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I continue with this problem, I managed to execute the code correctly, and I can collect lots without problems, the problem is that you cannot store in a "collection" (also try SET) an ID above the number 2000.

Spoiler
That is, although it filters only 6 rows from ID 1997 to 2003 it only collects until ID 2000 (only 3 rows).

The intention of my code is to store a copy of a SharePoint list locally with 5,000 items, then work it locally and use SEARCH on a column.

Do you know if there is a new block?

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like you want to collect all 5000 records from SharePoint to be able to use Search(). You are doing this because you do not want to use StartsWith as it is non-delegable with SharePoint.

There is a significant tradeoff here. 

• Getting >2000 records at a time is a heavy operation. If each record has 10 columns, that's a total 'size' of 2000*10. If any columns are complex, it's greater. This pattern impacts your user's experience: they will wait several seconds.

I recommend not using PowerApps as you would the back-end, but instead surfacing the minimum amount of data to act.

If you must use SharePoint for this scenario, you can to use StartsWith() for much better performance than collecting 5000 records. You can apply other filters ahead of the StartsWith() to pare it down even more. Another option is to use a SharePoint customized form: you have the full capabilities of SharePoint with the action taking you want to do in PowerApps.

(Side note: this thread is about CDM and filter and yours is about SP and Search. I'd suggest starting a new thread in the future so that your question appears at the top of its own and doesn't require context-switching)

Hello @Mr-Dang-MSFT  or anyone,

I have 4000 records in an Excel table on OneDrive for Business, and have a couple of follow-up questions based on this thread.

1) Would the ForAll() approach recommended for my data source as well? The given example seems to be using CDS as the data source.

2) If I don't want to bring all 4000 records locally into the app, and I bind the control, i.e. datatable directly with the data source, I only got 2000 records back. Is it because Excel on OneDrive for Business is a non-delegable data source?

Thanks,

Lilian

Hi @lseow ,

1. The method shown is for any data source with sequential id column and was CDS in this case. 

2. The Excel and Google Sheets connectors do not see records beyond the record limit. They are perfect for prototyping because they're fast and malleable, but I would not recommend them as the final resting place for your important data.

If you need some more records than 2000 and don't expect it to grow, I have a method using a flow. But in general, I'd suggest keeping your app as lightweight as possible and filtering to bring in only what is going to be acted upon.

i use google sheets as data source, i need more then 10K raws.

i try your solution but i get only 2000 raws.

you can see Attachments.

you have solution for it?

thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (970)