Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdn4lf
Resolver I
Resolver I

Shifts - Scheduling Group

Hi All,

I'm trying to capture the name of the scheduling group in Shifts, in order to sort positional information accordingly.

Does anyone know how to get this information in plain text as opposed to the Shift Group ID string.

Thank you,

13 REPLIES 13
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cdn4lf ,

Please check the returns of List all team shifts action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/teams/#getshiftsresponse

This includes only the Scheduling Group ID and not the Group Name.

Similarly, I looked at the output of several other Shift-related actions, and none of them could get the Group Name.

I'm afraid that in Flow we can only get the Group id, not the Group Name. This feature is currently not supported.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft  Do you know of any workarounds to get this information?  I'm trying to create flows that drill down to the specific scheduling group, without needing to defer to custom colours and/or shift labels and/or shift notes.

Hi @cdn4lf ,

I'm afraid there is no suitable way to get this information. The properties that action can get are fixed. The response has already explained which properties we can get through this action.

You might consider creating a relationship between Group id and Group Name.

First, get the Group id, and then store the Group id and Group name one-to-one in the SharePoint List.

Then you could get the corresponding Group Name through Get items when you need to use the Group Name.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Unless I am missing something, I don't think there is a connector to get the group names, such as provided below.  These are all in one team , but there are three different groups.  I'm trying to capture the unique group names so that I can filter the shifts accordingly.  Unfortunately, the use of alternate labels and/or shift notes is not a viable solution here either.

Snag_f48cfde.png

Hi @cdn4lf ,

You seem to misunderstand what I mean. There is indeed no action to get the Group name. This is an unsupported feature. If you want such features to be supported, please consider submitting your suggestions in the ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

But as shown in the screenshot, you already know which Group Names are available.

You just need to get the corresponding Group id in Flow and then create an item in the SharePoint List to store the Group id and Group name, one-to-one correspondence.

Best Regards,

Hello,

I completely understanding and was hoping you had another workaround as I need to do this for over 200 groups.

Thank you,

Sean

Hi @cdn4lf ,

Unfortunately, this seems to be the only way I can think of at present because the output of the Flow action cannot be customized, it is to obtain attributes according to the API provided by the corresponding connector.

I am afraid there is no other convenient way to achieve this demand.

Best Regards,

@cdn4lf @v-bacao-msft I'm looking for similar requirement where i want to fetch the Scheduling Group ID and the Group Name.

I was able to fetch the group ID

How do I fetch the group name?

Is it possible using graph API? or any other way?

Please advise @cdn4lf @v-bacao-msft  its quite urgent requirement

Best regards!

@Sumaira 

I'm not near my computer, off right now, but there should be a get all scheduling groups action. From there, you should be able to link the scheduling group Id to the group id on the get shift information action. 

If you can't figure it out let me know, and I'll grab a screenshot of what I'm doing. 

@cdn4lf Many thanks for the response

I'm not clear about the details

Please, please do share me the screenshots when you are near to your computer

Best regards!

Expiscornovus
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional

Hi @cdn4lf & @Sumaira,

I actually have a screenshot which I used in another thread which used the same kind of steps. Hope you don't mind adding it to the conversation?

You could use the Get a Scheduling Group action and use the Scheduling Group Display Name field from that action (which is my example is used in a Compose action for display).

getaschedulinggroup_displayname.png

Hope this helps a bit?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #MicrosoftCopilotStudio content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

@Expiscornovus thanks for jumping in. @Sumaira this is exactly what I was referring to. The shifts connector was created in the last couple months and allows you to get the scheduling group name. 

@cdn4lf @Expiscornovus Thank you so much for looking into my question and helping me in resolving that

Best regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (483)