cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long)

500 item limit in CDM entity search filter, this makes it very dofficult to use for any business scenario(export, data analysis)

because I have 50k records and search filter may return sometimes 5k or 20k and I need to analyze this data(so export)

Currently its only exporting 500 first items which does not meet any business criteria(imagine you are doing google search and it returns only 3 items), sadly if this is permanant issue like sp list 5k limit I will have to inform this to our sponsors of the project and most likely as it does not meet business need to filter and export we will have to do asp.net app which we did not want to do.

I will atleast need some good workaround. One thing I observed is there is export data link in CDM screen(can you give me some workaround based on that?)

121 REPLIES 121

Hi! You can use two collections and then join them together.  Given you have some sort if ID to sort on. I created one to combat this issue. 
E.g.
Concurrent(    ClearCollect(        Collection1,        Filter(            Table1,            ID < 2000        )),
    ClearCollect(       Collection2,        Filter(            Table1,            ID >= 2000 && ID < 4000        )),    
;
    ClearCollect(        TableX,   Collection1,       Collection2    )

The question is always why do we need this many data points? So I sorted by ID based on records which had been touched at all, so any records beyong 4000 which hadn't been touched do not appear in my power app.

& then use TableX ,Hope this helps! Jese 

Hi @abd3127 ,

Thanks for asking--my solution is very dated. I created it at a time when I needed to aggregate my data. I needed to perform a sum against the entire data source. At the time, there were not ways of doing this as I would hit delegation issues. So I pulled in all the data I had at the time, which was thousands of records and not very performant. Now, I've overcome those issues with SQL Views and aggregates in the Common Data Service.

I would not suggest pulling in all of that data today even if you could. When designing an app, you should only bring in the relevant data to keep the app as lightweight as possible. You can search for some patterns on this forum for filtering your data further to minimize the load.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abd3127 I built a solution for this for SharePoint Lists last week but would agree with @Mr-Dang-MSFT and question why you need all the data getting collected into your App. The solution for SP users is to get PAs to capture SP Views thereby saving the Filter() / Sort() / etc delegation issues.

My solution isn't overly elegant but it works and here it is (apologies for the long post):

The solution is to use SharePoint ID numbers.

1. First, sort by ID Descending, collect that into collection1 (col1)

2. Then, sort by ID Ascending, collect that into collection2 (col2)

3. Build an array of 'Missing ID numbers' as a collection - call it colTarget. Calculated by (MinID col1) - (MaxID col2)

4. Use ForAll() with Collect() to get the missing ID rows one by one into collection3 (col3)

5. [optional] Collect col1, col2 & col3 into finalCol

Step 4 can take awhile if 'the gap' between Min/Max is large so just be mindful of that. I put a label in my Dev App (see below pic) and set it to CountRows(col3) and you can see it tallying up as data gets collected - gives you an idea of data collection speed.

You could always build a smaller array (Step 3) of missing IDs that gets tacked onto col1 if you don't need all of the data Eg. (MinID col1) - 500 instead of (MinID col1) - (MaxID col2)?

Note: my Step 3 is adjusted from @Prem_ddsl's cool code here Dynamic Loops

Step 1:

ClearCollect(col1,SortByColumns(yourSPList,"ID",Descending))

Step 2:

ClearCollect(col2,SortByColumns(yourSPList,"ID",Ascending))

Step 3:

//specify target rowcount

Set(vMaxRows,Min(col1,ID)-Max(col2,ID))

//define a base collection from which you will generate your target collection. A colBase of 60 will be able to collect up to 60x60 = 3600 items. Set colBase's size to meet your needs.
ClearCollect(colBase,[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60]);

//setup collections to be used as inner and outer counters
ClearCollect(colOuter,colBase);ClearCollect(colInner,colBase);Set(vOuterMax,CountRows(colOuter));

//generate array of missing ID numbers 
ForAll(colOuter,ForAll(colInner,Collect(colTarget,{RowId: (Max(col2,ID)+colInner[@Value])+(vOuterMax*(colOuter[@Value]-1))})));

RemoveIf(colTarget,RowId>=Min(col1,ID));  // remove unwanted ID numbers from ID array

Step 4:

Clear(col3));

ForAll(colTarget,Collect(col3,Filter(yourSPList,ID=RowId)));

Step 5:

ClearCollect(finalCol, col1, col2, col3)

As  I say, not elegant but effective.

And the pic of my Dev App counting fields

This SPList contained around 4500 itemsThis SPList contained around 4500 items

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I am using D365 as datasource for my combo box. I have more than 2k records to be populated on combo box. How can achieve it. I am not understanding where to paste the code to test. Completely new to powerapps. Please guide and help.

You have to build more than 1 collction.

And then join the collections together to build a dataset of the combined data.

Collections store the data on Entry,in the cache.

ClearCollect(        Table1, Filter(
            Datasource,
            ID<2000
        ));  ClearCollect(        Table2, Filter(
            Datasource,
            ID>2000
        )); 

ClearCollect(Finaltable, Table1,Table2).

I hope this helps understand the pattern.

@jesenavaranjan,
I do not have an id field instead i hve a vendor account field tht is alphanumeric. Kindly help.

@jesenavaranjan 

Your Filter() code on ID still won't get more than 2000 records from Sharepoint. This is a limitation within PowerApps.

As a test, I ran your code on a SP list that I have access to with over 4500 records and the stats speak for themselves - only 2000 records total returned by PowerApps. I have set the data row limit to 2000 in Adv settings.

ID grab from SharePoint.jpg

Cheers

I had similar requirement and took a slightly different approach.

Instead of a combo box, I use a Gallery with a text 'searchbox' above. 

The gallery populates with the first 50 items from D365 that contain the text in the searchbox.

SortByColumns(
    ShowColumns(
        FirstN(
            Search(
                Filter(
                    Accounts,
                    'Account type' = 866100002
                ),
                txtSearchGalAccounts.Text,
                "name"
            ),
        ),
        "name",
        "accountid",
        "accountnumber",
        "_fbh_accounttypece_label",
        "_fbh_primaryaddress_value"
    ),
    "name",
    Ascending
)

When the user clicks on an entry in the Gallery, the entry is selected and passed to the relevant screen/control.

Advantages: Deals with any number of records - if >50 items returned, user should just keep typing to make the search more specific, users find a Gallery much easier to use on mobile devices (where the combo box is a UI nightmare).

Disadvantages: Must be online, every search is querying D365 directly, results can take a few seconds to appear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been getting delegation warning in my dropdown,comboboxes and gallery and reason is showing up beacuse of "in" operator. Also there is more than 2000 records in my sharepoint list. So where should i put above code? In dropdown.items or in Screen.Onvisible? I am a bit confused on that part. Help me out here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

You need to collect all your sharepoint data into collections in the App first then run your dropdowns, combos, galleries off of the collections not your SP list. That way 'in' should work for you.

Run my code in the App start or Screen.OnVisible properties

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages