cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting PowerUsers (PowerApps) Account.

I'm trying to find out how to delete account from this community, or even change my profile name. I've made a mistake when I signed up for this community back when the login interface sucked (still sucks now) and I mixed up my personal account with the developer account (because PA ownership is extremely restrictive).

To be honest, PowerApps and the UI for this community feels half-baked. I tried giving those a chance but nothing seems to have improved. (Sigh). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

Conversation has been moved to private messaging. I've handled @Anonymous's speicific ask offline.

From this issue,  I would like to share some key items all community members should know:

• To change/update your username, you must contact the Community Administrator (@mackenzie_lyng). Community members cannot perform this action. 
  • To change/update your email address, go to my settings > personal > email > change email
  • Two or more separate user accounts cannot be merged together. This is not possible on the current UI.  

Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to respond below or contact @mackenzie_lyng directly. 

Thank you! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Audrie-MSFT
Copilot Studio
Copilot Studio

My sincere apologies that this was not easy to find. For your convenience I have outlined the steps below to change profile details. Please Private Message @mackenzie_lyng if you have any problem with these steps.

I appreciate your feedback on the community. The good news is that there is a redesign in progress for all Power User communities. In the meantime, don't hesitate to let me know what other features you'd like as well, and I'll work to get your ideas represented so as to improve the experience.

We hope this resolves your problem, but if you still want to close your account, I can do that for you at your request (just reply to this post - "Please close my account.") 

Thank you for your patience, and your continued feedback. 

Audrie

Step 1: Click once on your screen name to see the list of commands, and select Profile

Image1.PNG

Step 2: Click Edit Profile on the page that follows (directly above the badges)

image2.PNG

Step 3: Using the left navigation to direct you, browse to the section in need of revisions, and make the necessary changes.

Note: You can change the email address yourself, but if you want to change your community alias you'll need our help. Please message mackenzie_lyng with your current alias, and what you'd like your new alias to be, and we will change that for you.

Image3.PNG

Step 4: Remember to save all changes before closing the browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I PMed @mackenzie_lyng but I haven't gotten back from her yet so I'm posting this here. 

I have a couple of problems with the method posted.

1. The steps outlined only allows users to change their associated email address. I asked how to change the profile NAME. Currently, mine is the TheLoneWoof. 
  2. As I've mentioned before, I am currently handling two accounts -- my personal account and the developer account. (FYI, the developer account was made due to that issue with PA ownership.) I tried changing the email on the developer account to the one for my personal account despite both already having PowerUser profiles. Now, it said it worked. It sent me a verification email and it confirmed my verification. The problem was -- it didn't stick. Apparently, merging is not a feature and that form doesn't validate whether the new email address already has a PowerUsers profile.
  3. I want to delete the developer account, not this one. I've sent details to @mackenzie_lyng but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

And feedback about the PowerUsers Community UI? Here's a few.

1. Better user login experience. One of my main problems when I signed up was that when I tried to log in, despite giving the correct username-password combination (I know since it logged me in), the community kept on logging me out. For the first few days, when I logged in and went back to the PowerUsers homepage, there's that "sign in" button again.
  2. Do logging out consistently. I swear -- I can't count the times when I logged out of this community, gotten the verification that I was logged out (and get a message like this -- It's best to close your browser. Like seriously? What if I have many tabs open? What then?), went back to the general discussion page and found out that I wasn't logged out yet. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I've managed so far by using incognito mode with the community but get your sh*t together.
  3. Your code editor SUCKS. I meant the editor for putting in code for the posts, not PA Studio. Why isn't the font on that thing monospaced? Sure, it opens another textbox and I'm fine with that BUT WHY ISN'T THAT MONOSPACED!? It's expecting code for crying out loud.
  4. You need a better system of reporting bugs. People in this community don't have one convenient resource for known bugs. All of it just gets buried in the general discussion or what not. Sure, you can enter another board for it under this community but users would most probably misuse it (e.g. reporting bugs caused by an error in code, not actual bugs). But what you could do is compile links to selected posts (you guys read those reports, I assume) that discuss the bug in one convenient location. And maybe add comments like which versions of PA is this related to? Is it fixed? On what version?
  5. Add a FAQ page for this community. It's ridiculous that I have not seen a page here that says I cannot delete my own posts and replies since you know, I can't. There are a couple of other things I've had to learn to make it work.
  6. Better image attachments. I posted a few posts with images on them but the size of the image in the editor doesn't reflect the actual size of the image when it's posted. Why?

Usually, I can handle some hard-to-use features. No community UI can be perfect after all. But, some of these are very basic things one could reasonably assume would be alright. This is Microsoft, not just some small, starting company trying to figure things out.

Hello @Anonymous

I'm going to see what I can do to respond to each of your asks individually to make this easier for you and other community members. We are actively working on the site design, and I have already shared your comments with key stakeholders so there is heightened awareness of these issues.

In the meantime, I wanted to point out that we have 3 helpful links related to your ask on bug reporting.

Release notes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/release-notes

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/common-issues-and-resolutions

Support page (see common issues):

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

My blog on support options:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerappssupport/

I'll be getting back to you shortly on this, and regarding the other topics in your feedback. Thank you for your patience, and continued feedback,

Audrie

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, yeah. I misspoke (mistyped, rather) about the bug reporting thing. I was talking about bug documentation. For example, I'd like a section in this forum about known bugs compiled by the PA Staff (or PA Support Staff, I don't know) and their status (e.g. Fix started, Not a bug, Fixed on this update, etc.). It'd be nice to just refer to this list when an update hits and wrecks something. (Just like that time when you guys changed variable typing from dynamic to static, or something similar) Or even for more trivial things such as how to best handle new line characters (e.g. how "Char(13) & Char(10)" may or may not work).

Also, this page -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/common-issues-and-resolutions.

This doesn't really cover common issues. For example, there was this known issue about the Connections tab being unscrollable. Although this was fixed in the Dec 8 update, it would have been nice to have it in that page in the 3 or so weeks the issue was there. And maybe add a "Update PA Studio" thing if this bug happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And one other question -- Why is this question considered solved? You guys haven't answered my question yet and I don't remember choosing a solution for this. @Audrie-MSFT, could you explain what happened here?

Hi everyone,

Conversation has been moved to private messaging. I've handled @Anonymous's speicific ask offline.

From this issue,  I would like to share some key items all community members should know:

• To change/update your username, you must contact the Community Administrator (@mackenzie_lyng). Community members cannot perform this action. 
  • To change/update your email address, go to my settings > personal > email > change email
  • Two or more separate user accounts cannot be merged together. This is not possible on the current UI.  

Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to respond below or contact @mackenzie_lyng directly. 

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Hi,

I have a similar issue that you might be able to help me with. My account is linked to the company Office365 account which was migrated to a new Office365 tenant. I'm still able to login using the onmicrosoft.com email addres now but the old tenant is set to shutdown soon. 

So I tried changing the email address but it keeps going back to the old onmicrosoft.com everytime I logout and log back in. 

Much appreciated if you could help permanently chage the email address. Ideally to my personal outlook.com address.

Thanks,

Anton

Sure. I know we've sometimes had problems with users being able to retain their original posts - but I believe that has been resolved since this message post was started. PM me the old email address and the new email address and I will adjust in the profile.

Thank you for your patience,

Audrie

MK1
Helper IV
Helper IV

I accidently created two accounts using two different emails that i have i don't want to use both can i know how to dleet one of them and to change email id for the other.

I tried to change mail address but its going back to the previous one.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (1,156)