cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden problem with Patch on Choice and Lookup fields in modification

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a recent problem with the Patch function in Power Apps concerning the modification of Choice and Lookup fields. This problem didn't occur before and happens even if I restore a previous version of the application. The error only occurs when editing records, not when creating new ones. No changes have been made to the configuration of the corresponding SharePoint Online lists.

Here's the error encountered: Network error when using Patch function: The specified column is read-only and can't be modified

Here's an extract of the code that generates the error :

Patch(
    'Echeances List',
    currentEcheance,
    {
        // ...
        StatutApprobation: { Value: "En attente" },
        Tranche: { Id: cardTranche_1.Selected.ID, Value: cardTranche_1.Selected.Tranche }
        // ...
    }
);

Do you have any ideas on the possible cause of this sudden change in behavior, or on potential solutions?

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Charles

39 REPLIES 39

Hi there, can I check if the patch problem has been solved yet? I am still using the previous authoring version 3.23105.18, and noted that the latest authoring version continues to produce an error when you try to edit the form. Thanks!

Hi there,

Really appreciate your sharing that Authoring version 3.23105.18 still works fine. Can I ask if there is an updated authoring version that has resolved this patching error? Thanks!

Yobeekster
Advocate III
Advocate III

There is a new recommended version 3.23113.20, and  have tested it with success. It patches to lookup columns and it also patches using the ShowColumns(), as it is supposed to. 

Please post if this works for you to. Thanks!

***Update: It also appears that Choice columns work too.

ozhally
Frequent Visitor

Hellos.

I published with version 3.23113.20 on Thursday (30/Nov/23) and started having read-only column issues reported by end users (SharePoint data backend).
I have rolled back to 3.23105.18 and the issue appears resolved.

I am in Queensland, Australia.

Hi ozhally, really appreciate your sharing. 

Power Apps setting does not allow me to roll back to 3.23105.18 now. Instead, I only have a choice of 3.23113.20 or the later version at 3.23114.7. 

Can I ask if you know if authoring version 3.23114.7 is stable? Thanks!

Having this issue again!!!!

Have tried authoring versions 3.23114.19 and 3.23121.9 - both having the same issue, unable to patch a sharepoint column.

Come on PowerApps Team!!! This was a known issue before for a LOT of people... How did you let this slip into yet another authoring version again!!!!

--
Ian Sanders.
CEO, The Real Brits,
Dubai, UAE
--

a combination of updating the app authoring version to 3.23113.20, and windows-webplayer version to 3.23113.15 might resolve the issue

Hi Colonel (Sir👨‍🌾),

I can confirm that Patching works on LookUp and Text columns while also using ShowColumns(), on version 3.23114.19.

I have been monitoring this closely, and like you it is a loss of confidence, not knowing if/when this issue will creep in again. These are basic working elements that have been reliable before and should never be in question as to their reliability, but unfortunately they are now. 
The main issue I have is that there has not been a response that I am aware of from Powerapps specifically addressing this issue as it is not a trivial issue. This is about basic things failing, which is quite concerning. 

Hi bt90, 

Thanks for this suggestion, could you kindly describe how to do update  "windows-webplayer version to 3.23113.15"?

Thank you!

bt90
Frequent Visitor

check the session details under settings while the app is open, the last line that starts with "Power Apps" will tell you the webplayer version. I'm not sure of a good way to force the webplayer to update, but each user's webplayer version is completely separate from the app's authoring version. If I check my app's usage analytics for 12/4/23 I see my userbase split between webplayer 3.23113 and webplayer 3.23105, and the users on 3.23113 are able to run the patch function without any errors.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (981)