cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Formatting within Send an Email V2

Hello,

I have a flow that sends an email weekly showing a number of dates from a SharePoint list for certificate expirations, what I would like to do is conditionally format all dates within the email that are within 10 days of today's date to be red and bold. I don't even know if this is possible let alone where to start so any help would be great.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Andrew_J
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JAB331 

As a suggestion I would use an HTML table that way you can format the cell output you need if I am reading your query correctly.  If that is the case then look at the below by @DamoBird365 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQumCR1B-q0&t

He guides you through this type of thing.  I hope you can work through the above and get to where you need.

Regards,

Andrew

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, the issue I am having with this is each email includes every single expiry date for every person in the sharepoint list, rather than just the row relevant to the specific person, hopefully these screenshots make it clearer what I am working with:

JAB331_0-1712561403873.png

Create a static HTML table formatted as you wish. Use it in your flow.

Welcome to my web site.

I'm really sorry but I don't understand what the difference would be or how I would do that?

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just tried to tell you what your question is about HTML, not about Power Automate.

Can you create a static HTML file that will display the table according your needs?

If yes, I'll try to help you to adopt this HTML code for your flow.

Welcome to my web site.

Andrew_J
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JAB331 

Spend sometime looking at the video, the video will give you something like the following:

Andrew_J_0-1712566588603.png

The above is basically a task list.

Perhaps you could send us your flow so we can see what you have done so far.  Hopefully you can expand the steps so we can see the dynamic content.  Otherwise neither of us can help further.

Regards,

Andrew

The flow sends an email when any date in any column is within 10 days of todays date
(I have an issue when there is a blank but that is a separate issue):

JAB331_3-1712567270310.png

JAB331_2-1712567225994.png

JAB331_4-1712567348565.png

Andrew_J
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JAB331 

In my opinion your flow is wrong, but there are many ways in being able to acheive anything. I cannot even see the HTML table in the output but more a straight list of items.  But even without this your process is still confusing.  I can see that you have a vertical list in the flow but it is how the orignal SharePoint List is formated that is the issue.  Can you send us an image of this please.

Regards,

Andrew

@JAB331 

I note your other post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-send-an-email-when-dates-ae-expiring-does...

This has some of the information I need but not all I need to see the first column that may have a name of a person that holds the certifcate that is about to expire as indicated by the magenta line.

Andrew_J_0-1712569803729.png

Lets stick to one post about the subject to avoid confusion.  Can you delete the other post please.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I sincerely appreciate any help and I apologise for the double post, I thought it was best to do that for two separate issues but I will delete it.

This is the data missing from the sharepoint list but there are 15 columns

JAB331_0-1712570279974.png

At this stage I am happy to change the formatting for the list and the flow as I am really just trying things out to see if it is possible.

This is the email including the HTML table

JAB331_1-1712570368851.png

Andrew_J
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JAB331 

So we need flow that takes the list for each member of staff and check if there is any expiry date 10 days before it is due.

FLOW APPNOTES
RecuranceSet to daily
Composeuse adddays(utcnow(), -10)
Get Itemsuse the filter to check weach of the 15 expirey dates in turn  BIOSET eq 'COMPOSE' then the rest in order.  If you do not want to do it this way you can add a FILTER app after the GET ITEMS and do it that way.  But the idea is to get the list of items down to 0 or many.

The above should give you an output of names and expiry dates that meet your needs.  But it would be good to see what you do get as an output of the above.  I can see some that might give us some data.

We then need to use this data to construct an HTML table that might look like:

NAME EXP 01EXP 02 EXP 14
Name 1 DATEDATE
Name 4DATE DATE
Name 9 DATEDATE

You can format the above a lot better but lets get the basics in place first, I can send you the CCS of my example in a future post.

Once you have the above you can add to an email and send you every day if it meets the crirtera. 

Have a look at putting the above in place and let me know where you get stuck.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you, I am a complete beginner so to clarify I am using the Odata Filter on the get items function to check whether each column is equal to the output of the compose action?

@JAB331 

Yes at the following:

Andrew_J_0-1712575158500.png

So condtion would be Query 01 and Query 02 and Query etc like the below example:

Andrew_J_1-1712575700671.png

where Query 01 = BIOSET eq 'COMPOSE' modifiy for the rest.  All the column names are Case specific, so if you put a lower case charecter in place of an upper case it will not work as you want.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have created the following:

JAB331_0-1712660431564.png

But I only get the following error when testing:

JAB331_1-1712660514221.png

Andrew_J
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JAB331 

I am sorry but I gave you some incorrect advice above and I know why you got the error above.  I know you want one weekly email but I think you will only be able to have a number of weekly emails with indvidual results on them. 

I spent a bit of time trying to educate myself on this last night, UK and could not make what yo want to do work as yet. 

As time is moving on on this I would suggest that we proceed with the following:

Andrew_J_0-1712674380108.png

The above would give you a table like the following:

Andrew_J_1-1712674469210.png

But you will need to produce the above for each date item column. Then once the HTML table is generated you can send yourself an email.

I appoligise for all the other work I will have put you into but I cannot find a way to have all users with all columns on one HTML table per week.  The issue I am having is some colums in my test list have blanks or are empty.  And we need to also deal with all condtions in the HTML table via an expression.  I can currenlty get some to work but not all.

I will continue to work on this if you want as it interests me but that is as far as I can get at the moment.

Regards,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Sorry for the slow reply, unfortunately that solution will not work for me. There are blank lines but what I am considering is adding a date long in the past for the blanks and then adding a condition to ignore columns that are before a certain date.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (700)