cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicci
Resolver I
Resolver I

Convert to PDF Failing

Hi All, I have a flow that has been running for almost a year now. Today as of 2:40pm the flow stopped working and started failing at the Convert File step. Here is the error:

"status"404,
  "message""Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.osi.office365.us/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close\r\nDate: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:29:09 GMT\r\nServer: Microsoft-IIS/10.0\r\nX-Powered-By: ASP.NET\r\n",
  "source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"

I tried removing the step, adding it back, nothing. Is this a Microsoft issue or did something get updated/changed that I'm missing. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yup it seems the consensus is it's a Microsoft issue. What I ended up doing was using the Word doc to PDF connector instead. Its premium but I was already using premium to fill a word template. That worked for me, so all good now! The convert to PDF is in preview so maybe its just bugged at the moment.

Updating - As of 5/9/24 this seems to be fixed now. If you delete everything in your temp and re-add the connector should be back in business.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80

@Nicci 

Based on the number of people experiencing this issue despite flows running fine historically, I can only assume this is a Microsoft bug. 

Some fixes have worked for some users but others reported these did not help. 

1) Delete OneDrive connector actions, readd and remap fields

2) Recreate the Word template (if you're populate Word files)
Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.offi... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I would also raise a ticket with Microsoft. Besides re-creating the entire flow from scratch, you could temporarily use a third party connector if you have low volumes (Encodian has 50 convert operations free per month)

Convert Word – Encodian Customer Help

Talus
Frequent Visitor

I started having this exact same issue starting yesterday:

Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close

Yup it seems the consensus is it's a Microsoft issue. What I ended up doing was using the Word doc to PDF connector instead. Its premium but I was already using premium to fill a word template. That worked for me, so all good now! The convert to PDF is in preview so maybe its just bugged at the moment.

Updating - As of 5/9/24 this seems to be fixed now. If you delete everything in your temp and re-add the connector should be back in business.

I recreated the entire flow and the same error occurred.

I am using a Word template in my flow and I'm populating the fields using the SharePoint library metadata workaround as I do not have access to premium connectors.

As for recreating the Word template, would I be able to simply make a copy of the template with a new file name and use that in my Flow or should I start from scratch?

Thanks!

I believe you can just make a copy of the template and use that, but ya without premium i'm not sure if there's a work around to convert to PDF once you're done as the only other one I saw that works is the word to PDF premium.

Ok. I made a copy of the my template and used that in my Flow. Same error occurred.

So it looks like I'm waiting on Microsoft to fix on their end at this point...

Thanks for the help!!

Pecorre
Regular Visitor

Same thing here. The problem started yesterday. I basically tried to rebuild everything from scratch this morning and nothing works. It's a big problem for me because this flow will be used by at least 100 users in the coming days...

@Talus / @Nicci 

Just to clarify, there are "Premium" connectors which require premium Power Automate licensing (the opposite being "Standard" connectors). Microsoft's own Populate Word is Premium.

There are also 3rd party connector that may require 3rd party licensing. 

3rd party connectors can be Standard or Premium. Encodian is a Standard connector so does not require premium licensing to use (but it is 3rd party so will require a license above a certain usage volume that is free).

Encodian has a Populate Word Document action that's not premium as well as convert actions.

I think i may have found the solution!!!

Delete the connection from OneDrive in the home page left section under "Connections" and then in the flow re-establish a connection with OneDrive.

I was stressing about this for ages as it was the only step that failed causing the whole flow not to work.

Hopefully this works for you too

DoubleT
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Bobsta666  for sharing this solution! I was able to delete all the OneDrive connections in the environment and established a new connection inside the flow, this solved the issue for me.

Hi Bobsta666, Can you advise how you re-establish a connection with OneDrive, is this just a premium facility or can I do it in standard?

It’s a standard feature, on your power automate Home Screen (or any screen for that matter) on the left in the section below “flows”, expand it and you should see connections, click that and it will take you to the page where all connections are. Delete the one drive for business or whatever version you are using, it will ask are you sure as some flows may be using this connection, say yes. When you return to your “broken” flow it will start auto reconnecting. This fixed my issue, hopefully the same for you

Or just add a flow with OneDrive as a component and it will ask to sign in

patttachai
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

Not everyone who delete -> re-add connection will get this bug resolved. I and many still get same error 404 not found. Please help escalate this to MS so they will fix this ASAP.

404_Error_Convert_File_OneDrive.PNG

karl91
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

i can also confirm that deleting and readding the OneDrive for Business connection did not solve the problem. Still getting the same error output like @patttachai

I raise a support ticket with MS yesterday, and last night they got back to me with "We checked internally and it is the outage from the OneDrive team"  The case has been transferred to the OneDrive team, and i'm hopeful the service shall be restored and the flows start working again. 

post the msg again by mistake

Could you please update us when you get a response?

Thanks!!

I tried to delete the connections and it didn't work

Then I tried again and this time I deleted the steps implying this connection : didn't work

Then finally I did it all over but I tried the alternative step "convert file using path" : didn't work

Now I need to warn all departments affected by this and wait for a solution from Microsoft.. Yay...

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (770)