cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auchtens
Frequent Visitor

Data Integrations not working at all? Unexpected Error

Hi PowerApps Community, 

I'm attempting to create a data integration project using a few different sources just as a POC, but one at a time.  I've tried with an OData source, I've tried with an Azure SQL Database source, and I've even tried the EXACT steps from this article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq)... However, when I get to the 'Refresh settings' page, and attempt to click 'Save', I get an 'Unexpected Error' with the mashup query displayed with no additional information.  Is something currently broken in the service?  Am I missing something obvious?

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dazhang

yes i tried deleting the connection set as an attempt to start from the ground up, but the error was happening before that (and is happening on new, totally clean slate retries as well). I treid starting totally fresh with very simple datasets, same result. no integrations are working for me regardless of source/type (have tried excel in onedrive, simple table in sql, simple csv file - none of them work)

@AccuFloDev same issues exactly. 

@AccuFloDev and @Anonymous, can you share the Request IDs for the errors you're seeing?

Here's my most recent error from trying to import from Excel through PowerQuery: Request ID: d372c017-0846-4d8e-9460-1202e72a9a2b (Screenshot attached)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dazhang mine seems to be working as of today, thank you for the help and replies 

@AccuFloDev, the issue is that your CRM instance's root business name does not match its domain name. We've put in a fix for this that should be available by the end of next week. If you need a workaround before then, please try renaming your CRM instance's root business unit name to match its domain name.

@AccuFloDev wrote:
Here's my most recent error from trying to import from Excel through PowerQuery: Request ID: d372c017-0846-4d8e-9460-1202e72a9a2b (Screenshot attached)

Hey @dazhang, thanks for the update.

A couple of questions based on your previous answer:

1. CRM Root business name does not match domain name:. Can you explain what the root business name is and where to find/change it?

2. Can you elaborate on what you mean by domain name? Are you talking about the default domain for our O365 organization?

Thanks.

@AccuFloDev, to find your CRM instance's domain name:

1. Sign into https://admin.powerapps.com/
  2. Click on your PowerApps environment
  3. Click on "Manage security for this instance".
  4. Look at the URL in your browser, it should be something like orgABC.crm.dynamics.com. The orgABC is the domain name of your CRM instance.

And to find your root business unit name:

1. Go to https://orgABC.crm.dynamics.com (replace orgABC with the domain name you found above)
  2. Open Settings, Security, and click on Business Units
  3. Your root business unit should be shown in the next screen.

Can you see if those two are matching?

Hey @dazhang, I followed your instructions and the instance names do not match (The root BU name is some randomly generated format "orgXXXXXX" where X is a hexadecimal digit.
However, I now have a new issue: when I go to rename the Business Unit, it asks me to enter a Parent Business (of which I have none) so I can't save the changes. After reading this MS Article, I found this:

The organization (also known as the root business unit) is the top level of a Dynamics 365 business unit hierarchy. Dynamics 365 automatically creates the organization when you install or provision Dynamics 365. You can’t change or delete the organization name.

Because of this, I cannot apply the fix you suggested.  Any other suggestions?

As of today, I am also experiencing the same issue with "Unexpected error" on refresh attempts. Latest attempt information:

Session ID: 6ac380b1-bfae-4774-a4ea-0bd955e86dc4
Request ID: 280c9bbc-f28e-4acb-ac99-ae47f4c945b1

Previously working projects have stopped working. New projects generate this error message dialog after editing the project. Subsequent refresh attempts display the following error message in the Load Progress dialog:

Something went wrong. (Job ID: 0e9d29fe-26cf-4008-b9e5-97225dd7eeb4)

@AccuFloDev, the fix for this issue is deployed now, so the workaround should not be needed any more. Would you mind trying again?

@AccuFloDev wrote:

Hey @dazhang, I followed your instructions and the instance names do not match (The root BU name is some randomly generated format "orgXXXXXX" where X is a hexadecimal digit.
However, I now have a new issue: when I go to rename the Business Unit, it asks me to enter a Parent Business (of which I have none) so I can't save the changes. After reading this MS Article, I found this:

The organization (also known as the root business unit) is the top level of a Dynamics 365 business unit hierarchy. Dynamics 365 automatically creates the organization when you install or provision Dynamics 365. You can’t change or delete the organization name.

Because of this, I cannot apply the fix you suggested.  Any other suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (907)