cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGreen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox

Hopefully my final edit... @Anonymous alerted us that Microsoft has added a "Mailbox Address" field to Outlook actions. You can enter the address of the shared mailbox in this field to get back to original functionality. I'm keeping all previous solution details below just in case.

I've accepted the solution provided by @Anonymous on page 3. As a note for future users running into this issue, this solution requires a premium account. This will not be the best solution for a number of users (myself included), but it's the Microsoft-supported fix and (hopefully) the least likely to fail in the future. 

For more information on the Graph API solution, check the posts by @jonathanford on pages 5 and 6. 

If you do not have a premium account, the solution on page 3 offered by @Mindaugas is your best bet. You will need to add a new connection to Flow for the shared mailbox and then select that account as the connection for your Flow step. @RHCC gives more details on page 4 - you will also most likely need to add a password to the shared mailbox which is not intuitive. 

This is by far the easiest solution, but I'm concerned how long it will work before Microsoft breaks functionality in an update. They do not support shared mailbox connections in Flows that don't specifically use that language, which is a frustrating response given how many users were relying on these Flows for their daily business. 

Original post below:

Hi all - I'm having an issue with a couple Flows that were previously working without error.

When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox runs in a separate Flow and creates a SharePoint list item. One of the attributes added is the id of the trigger email (MessageId from the triggerBody). 

I have two other Flows that will reply to this initial email using Reply to email. The stored MessageId is used to reply to the correct email. This has been working for 4+ months without error, but started failing today with the error shown in the Subject (Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox). 

Myself and one other user are not having this failure. I had a user who was experiencing the failure check their connections in Flow and all apps were still connected. I also had them check their access to the shared inbox in Outlook and they still had full access.  

Has anyone run into something similar or have any suggestions? It seems like it must be a user connection to the shared inbox but I'm not sure what else to look into. Thanks!

**Editing to note that the Get email step is also failing when referencing the ID of an email in a shared mailbox.

146 REPLIES 146
clinton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Also having the same issue in our organisation. Not ideal for our production Flows...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday the flow just seemed to break, giving the "Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox" error. I've deleted the connections, recreated a whole new flow, and still nothing. This is essential to our customer service team's productivity, so this is really killing us right now!

Ensure you open a support ticket if you have the ability.

I opened a ticket with MS and after they did some research here is their response:

"using actions like “Get Email” and “Delete Email” in Shared Mailboxes is currently not supported, per the documentation for this connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#shared-mailbox-support. Only triggers and actions with Shared Mailbox in the name are supported.

This has been documented for some time but was working. It seems last week a change [with Outlook and Exchange] was finally made that broke this functionality. As mentioned in that documentation, the suggested workaround is to use the “HTTP with Azure AD” connector and the Graph API to work with items in Shared Mailboxes."

I've not had time to look into the linked document.  

Then why in the world is their a trigger for Shared Mailbox? If it's not supported, don't give the option. 

EDIT: 

So we can trigger on a shared mailbox, but just email based on the trigger? Isn't that the only action with Shared Mailbox in the name? So we can't do anything with the email? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much.  The details about the email are available from that original trigger.  But actions are no longer available via the Flow Actions.  Instead, you will need to use the HTTP Service call and create the command to perform the actions that are still available.  At least that is what the say in a generic response.  The information in that link provides limited guidance.

At least the documentation says something like "the other operations do not support shared mailboxes as of yet." so they may be re-adding the actions via simple flow actions.

I think I could get over it, if I could just get a kick in my butt with how to get the HTTP with Azure AD action setup. I've done API work with JSON in Flow before. From some light research, I probably should've done it this way to begin with but man the other way was so much easier. If it wasn't supposed to work and it did and now they've broken it, it makes it all the more maddening. 

bf
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys,

I started having this problem myself and seem to have fixed it.

What I noticed was that the connection had changed on the delete email action from the shared mailbox connection to my own mailbox connection.

So, check that the connection you are using for both Get Email and Delete Email are the same, normally for the shared mailbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a "solution". Which is actually just doing what Microsoft is advising us to do: Use the Graph API.

First step is to use the HTTP with Azure AD connector: Invoke an HTTP request:

0.png

Then you have to create a new connection. In the documentation, Microsoft specifies that we must use "https://graph.microsoft.com/" as both the Base Resource URL and the Azure Resource URI:

1.png

Then simply click on "Sign In", and use your personal credentials.

Now you can simply refer to the Outlook REST API documentation (or the rest of Microsoft Graph).

Example on how to flag an e-mail:

2.png

Remember to change the shared mailbox in the URL: ENTERSHAREDMAILBOX@HERE.COM should of course be replaced with the shared mailbox that you are working with.

Mindaugas
Frequent Visitor

Hey Guys got this problem from Wednesday too. I have a flow witch reads mail in sharedmailbox, saves attachmetns to sharepoint and marks email as read.

1. First you have to know password of sharedmailbox IF Not go admin center -> active user -> find shared mailbox and get password.

2. Go to your MS flow that keeps failing. Then Edit.

3. Find action that is failing in my case it was "Mark as read or unread V2"

4. Then push 3 dots. And there is +Add new connection select it.

15.png

5. Enter sharedmailbox adress and password.

6. Checked if it appeared among other conections. As in step 4 if not try again. ( Few times needed for me.)

Wordked for me.

Okay, so that actually means that we need Premium to get this to work with Graph API? This is just great...

Is there any proper answer from MS, if all actions cannot be used with sharedmailbox or specific ones? Apparently Move Email still works for me, but other dont.

My hero, @Mindaugas!

@Mindaugas , this solution worked for me. 

Thx a lot.

In logic Apps - Get Atachments stlill in error - adding connection did not help for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same for me: I still have error at "Get Attachments" action in Flow.
I even can't create new connection with the shared mailbox address...

@Mindaugas, could you be more explicit on "how to add new connection with shared mailbox"?

Thank you!

The way I added the connection was through the left pane, Data > Connections > New Connection > Search Outlook > choose the Office 365 one > Create > enter credentials

From the Flow: click the three dots on your action and select the newly created Connection. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @jonathanford!

But it doesn't worked for me, due to the fact I don't have permission to admin center settings.

I have solved the issue in other way:
1. I have created a rule for the specific shared mailbox to redirect all arrived emails to my personal mailbox;

2. I have created a second rule to move all emails arrived from the specific shared mailbox to my personal mailbox to move to a specific folder inside Inbox;

3. I have changed the trigger in Flow: 

1.png

In this way, I ran from adding new user in Admin Center and creating new connections (connection with shared mailbox) in Flow.

Here's the generic setup to get all attachments once you trigger the email:

Untitled 3.png

Where the Function for the URL is:

concat('/v1.0/users/SHAREDEMAIL@DOMAIN.EXT/messages/',triggerBody()?['id'],'/attachments/',items('For_each')?['id'],'/$value')

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see @rhalabicki, but your solution it's applicable only for Premium Accounts, not for the ones with Standard Plan.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (1,473)