cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webdes03
Frequent Visitor

Unable to match incoming request to an operation.

I have an OpenAPI definition (Swagger) for an anonymous endpoint (authenticated by providing a licenseId and appId as header values). This OpenAPI definition works with Logic Apps and Nintex Workflow Cloud, but not with Flow. I imported the defintiion, and set security to none (same exact steps as Logic Apps), all of the operations are correctly identified, but when I test it I get odd/incorrect results.

The request url should be https://dev-api.elasticocr.com/v1.0/jobs/{jobid}, but Flow is sending it to msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net

Request

Url:

https://msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net/apim/elasticocr.20.2d.20dev.5fae991b2e953c45e5.5f0447122807b1e5c...[jobid]

Headers:

{
  "Authorization": "Bearer {token}",
  "licenseId": "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx",
  "appId": "yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyy"
}

licenseId/appId removed for security purposes, but I can't figure out why it's sending the request to a different domain, and why it's including a bearer token given that the API is technically anonymous. We do not see these issues in Logic Apps, only in Flow.

Security is correctly configured:

2018-04-13 10_57_15-Manage your custom connectors _ Microsoft Flow.png

As a result of the wrong request URL, the response is obviously also incorrect:

{
  "error": "{\r\n  \"code\": 404,\r\n  \"message\": \"Unable to match incoming request to an operation.\",\r\n  \"source\": \"msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net\",\r\n  \"path\": \"\",\r\n  \"clientRequestId\": \"53c6068c-9566-4b87-8311-c117-0304008c\"\r\n}"
}

I have seen a few reports that msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net/apim is used as a proxy if the API is protected by OAuth, but in our case it obviously isn't and security is set to none, so I'm baffled as to what's going on here. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
webdes03
Frequent Visitor

Follow up: I created a postman collection with just a single one of our endpoints in it, and tried importing that into Flow and get the same behavior. So it's definetely something on the Flow side.

v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ webdes03,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you mean the flow would send the request to a different domain? tThe request url should be https://dev-api.elasticocr.com/v1.0/jobs/{jobid}, and the Flow is sending it to msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net:https://msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net/apim/elasticocr.20.2d.20dev.5fae991b2e953c45e5.5f0447122807b1e5c...[jobid]?

Could you please share more details and screenshots with us?

We would try to offer you a proper workaround if you could share more details and screenshots with us.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

@v-yuazh-msft unfortunately I can't even get past testing the connector, so I haven't even gotten to trying to put it into a flow.

At one point the requests randomly started returning 200s and 201s (which is the way it should work). But I have no idea what I did to make it work. I thought maybe Flow had cached an old/bad version of our Swagger definition. Then I deleted the connector and rebuilt it and it's back to not working again.

The simplest endpoint in our Swagger definition is one that validates a license. It takes a header paramater for a License ID and App ID, and returns a license response if the license is valid. This is the endpoint I've been using to test the connector since it basically has no moving parts.

As you can see, if I test the endpoint through Swagger's integrated testing functionality, the endpoint works as expected. It should also be noted that this API works in all of our native apps, as well as with Logic Apps and Nintex Workflow Cloud. Flow is the only platform we're having issues with.

MSFlow-Swagger-License.fw.png

As you can see from the Swagger test, the request URL should be:

https://dev-api.elasticocr.com/v1.0/license

If I now go to Flow and test that endpoint, we see that the Request URL is incorrect, and Flow returns a 404 claiming the request can't be matched to an operation.

MSFlow-CustomConnector-Request.fw.png

MSFlow-CustomConnector-Response.fw.png

If I had to theorize what's going on... Flow is modifying or changing the request that gets send to our API. We don't do any sort of source checking, so even if Flow is sending it through a proxy (which I suspect is what the msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net URL is), it shouldn't matter on our end. Even then though, as I understood it Azure Logic Apps and Flow are incredibly similar under the covers, so I certainly can't explain why everything validates in Logic Apps, but not flow.

2018-04-16 10_37_43-Logic Apps Designer - Microsoft Azure.png

I'm really tearing my hair out here... there's no rhyme or reason as to why it shouldn't work. The API is technically anonymous, save for the License ID and App ID headers, so there's no authentication (OAuth, etc.) in play. I've also tried scrapping our Swagger Definition and just creating a Postman collection with only the Get License endpoint in it, and I get the exact same behavior.

Hi @webdes03 - could you send me a link to the swagger or attach it in a direct message? The ID of your custom connector in Flow would also be usefuly (found in the URL when you're editing the connector). Unfortunately there's a known issue with users hitting a 404 immediately after creating or updating the operation however that should be temporary (<5mins). If you're continuing to see the issue something else may be wrong. We do route all the requests through our central system before your API, so the "msmanaged-na" URL you're seeing is expected, however the correct parameters etc. should ultimately be forwarded to the API as you described. Once you send it over we'll try to reproduce it on our side and get to the root of the issue.

@tpalmer - Absolutely... I'll DM you a link to the Swagger and a valid license you can test with. Ironically, it does seem to be working now, so perhaps we were just being bitten by your temporary 404 issue. Nevertheless, if you're willing I'd love to have you try it from your end to confirm.

Yes them 404 errors are priceless. You are never quite sure if you should continue to troubleshoot, of if you should go and have coffee and hope for the best  Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue with a new Custom Connector for PowerApps. I formed the json and created the new connector without too many dramas though the open api document I created was not supported so I had to implement a number of changes in the json file, but that all works and is added to PA, however, I get a 

{
"error": {
"code": 404,
"message": "Unable to match incoming request to an operation.",
"source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
"path": "",
"clientRequestId": "fe82a0f2-49a9-4d10-908d-3974ae08aeaf"
}
}

Session ID: 2e1f8645-0d00-4865-8cf5-92d3ca370f42

Now for any new data sources that I try to add (it will  only want a sharepoint data source or spawn this error), and it has been going on for about an hour (I've used a number of browsers including incognito). The only way I can get the data sources back is to kill the most recent PA session, and restart it but the error keeps coming back.

I am trying to get PA to send back drawing pen doodles to Sharepoint.

Cheers,

Richard

@tpalmer 

We're currently experiencing this issue with our connector as well. For us, the issue is persistent (weeks). Can you give me some more details on the known issue? Microsoft has indicated that it could be from changing route, but we have not been able to reproduce that issue in our staging connector, and we're seeing the issue for new connections/flows as well. I've added some information in a GitHub issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

@tpalmer wrote:

Hi @webdes03 - could you send me a link to the swagger or attach it in a direct message? The ID of your custom connector in Flow would also be usefuly (found in the URL when you're editing the connector). Unfortunately there's a known issue with users hitting a 404 immediately after creating or updating the operation however that should be temporary (<5mins). If you're continuing to see the issue something else may be wrong. We do route all the requests through our central system before your API, so the "msmanaged-na" URL you're seeing is expected, however the correct parameters etc. should ultimately be forwarded to the API as you described. Once you send it over we'll try to reproduce it on our side and get to the root of the issue.

@tpalmer We are experiencing the issue mentioned above as well since a couple of weeks now on two of our flows.

EG040997_1-1719576704860.png

Can you help?

Many thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (598)