cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the new AI designer

I hate with all my might the new designer, specially now that it's being forced to be use. The design, the way you input data, nope! Hate all of it. And right now it even messed up all the connections of a flow that has over 20 steps...
Normally I can escape that atrocious UI with the button at the top right 

WorkingRicardo_0-1706024902612.png

But I click it and is it not allowing me to use the old UI. So, is there an option somewhere where I can set the New one to NEVER pop up?

Most I can get by clicking that blue thing is asking me to save so I don't lose data (even tho i haven't added anything else...)

Soooo want to get rid of this UI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Add a comment to the flow 😁

Chriddle_0-1706026490974.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Add a comment to the flow 😁

Chriddle_0-1706026490974.png

Hello @Chriddle Ty! I'll comment a random thing on all my flows.
Sorry if the post read too whiney xD This is hard enough without the tools working against me. 

Nope, @WorkingRicardo, you're not being too whiny. You're simply trying to work in an efficient way and you, like so many of us, are sick and tired of being forced to change because someone at MS said, "Hey boss, look at this cool new thing I did!" and it gets pushed to production with nobody, but nobody stopping to think about how it might possibly effect end users (they obviously don't use this themselves, or they'd realize how horrible their changes are).

For those who like the new editor, fine, let them select it, but don't force it on people as the default option. I'd say that it's great that at least they gave us the option to switch back (for now), but the fact that they ass-u-me that everyone will grovel at their feet for this "wonderful" new thing is, well... that's what happens when you assume.

They also forget that not everyone wants to or can use artificial "intelligence". I work in the medical industry and any AI use is strictly forbidden by company policy because we can't afford the HIPPA violations by having patient information added to anybodies LLM

Can't agree with your post enough.

Also, I hate MS's policy where they do some major sweeping change like completely re-doing the design interface, make it the default, allow you to change back for a while, then it eventually becomes mandatory.

OliverR-82
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

For me the new designer is straight up preventing me from editing some flows because it crashes my browser. As a consultant I "inherrited" some flows that were built by other people, and they're very large and complex. If I were to build them myself, I probably would split them up into multiple smaller/simpler flows. But it is what it is. They take a while to load properly in the old designer, but at least they load.

In the new designer, however, the browser simply crashes, even other tabs become unresponsive. I agree with @TheFreeMan - give people the option to choose whether they want to use an experimental feature or not. Because that's what the new designer is, it's still an experimental feature in my opinion, and it still lacks functionality of the classic designer. MS is just forcing us to beta test it, and it's infuriating.

What seems to work for me, when the new designer is slow to load, is just appending &v3=false to the end of the URL, and copy/pasting the entire URL into a new tab. It's not enough to simply load it in the existing tab, at least that's my experience.

&v3=false

Great tip, will definitely be using this. Thanks!!

I've tried adding the &v3=false tag to the URL & refreshing. Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

I'll have to give the "and paste it into a new tab" a shot. Thanks for that tip.

https://make.powerapps.com doesn't seem to know the new designer

coolava

i hate the new design too. i need to edit run only users and it is missing from my previous automated flow.  can anyone help ?

coolava_0-1707279357164.png

Harindu973
Frequent Visitor

I wanted to keep classic designers as my default designer. New designer can be good. But it's not capable of handling workflows with many actions. (Which are close to the 500 limit.) Once it opened with the new designer, it got stuck, and it's very very hard to switch to a classic designer as well. One day, if Microsoft decides to go with the new designer, I won't be able to maintain my flows anymore. Please consider this and do your performance testing correctly. 😑

Ok... it's not just me. I can't stand the new designer too. Especially if you use scopes and Loops. It's so much harder to read compared to the cleaner UI of the original designer. I also find it clunky as all get out to find Connectors now. Even custom ones I built don't show up in search. I have to click the drop down then check the box to Custom Connectors and just to be able to fine mine. What problem was the new designer trying to fix?

My only issue with the old designer is that sometimes functions wouldn't save right. I would edit a function... click Update. Test my code... to find out nothing changed. The only way to fix it would be to delete the function and add it back again. Normally the issue would happen in a Compose if I had some selected dynamic data element followed by a function.

The only thing I like in the new designer is the ability to search for dynamic variables while in the Function editor. Also that drag and drop works on the iPad if I am being lazy and need to edit a workflow order and I don't want to go get my laptop. 🙂

Get rid of the new designer.

It is crap. 👎

digitalali
Regular Visitor

Just for the record, I can't stand the new designer, but keeps switching to it, then have to waste time switching back. Perhaps they can stop defaulting to it, or better still, delete it.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!    This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Community MembersNumber SolutionsSuper UsersNumber Solutions Deenuji 9 @NathanAlvares24  17 @Anil_g  7 @ManishSolanki  13 @eetuRobo  5 @David_MA  10 @VishnuReddy1997  5 @SpongYe  9JhonatanOB19932 (tie) @Nived_Nambiar  8 @maltie  2 (tie)   @PA-Noob  2 (tie)   @LukeMcG  2 (tie)   @tgut03  2 (tie)       Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 2: Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate  @Deenuji  12@ManishSolanki 19 @Anil_g  10 @NathanAlvares24  17 @VishnuReddy1997  6 @Expiscornovus  10 @Tjan  5 @Nived_Nambiar  10 @eetuRobo  3 @SudeepGhatakNZ 8     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji32ManishSolanki55VishnuReddy199724NathanAlvares2444Anil_g22SudeepGhatakNZ40eetuRobo18Nived_Nambiar28Tjan8David_MA22   Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Automate Deenuji11FLMike31Sayan11ManishSolanki16VishnuReddy199710creativeopinion14Akshansh-Sharma3SudeepGhatakNZ7claudiovc2CFernandes5 misc2Nived_Nambiar5 Usernametwice232rzaneti5 eetuRobo2   Anil_g2   SharonS2  

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Users online (1,243)